Thursday, August 12, 2010

Solitude

Don't get me wrong, I love my husband, my daughter, my puppy, my friends and all my family. But there is something to be said for fitting in some alone time every now and then. My ideal 24 hours at this point includes pyjamas, a soft blanket, a great book and some tv on dvd. I was able to steal two hours with just me and the puppy last night, thanks to my mom and sister. I couldn't avoid the housework all together, so I cleaned up the kitchen and settled in to watch a couple of episodes of the Tudors.

I miss adult television. Hailey and I watch television together some evenings, but at four, she can't handle anything more grown up than the Disney channel. Now I enjoy a good Hannah Montana or Wizards of Waverly place episode as much as the next mom, but every once in a while I get a little hankering for some real drama. The Tudors delivers in spades with sex, war, and beheadings! I am always hearing about the great summer television, with the Bachelor, Big Brother and True Blood, but I am just too tired in the evenings to stay up later than my daughter. Thank goodness for DVR. Eventually, when I get my 24 hours of solitude, I will have plenty of TV to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment