Thursday, August 26, 2010

Four months remaining in the wait for Nathan Michael

Ok, so of course I am writing with my tail between my legs. After months of talking smack about not wanting a little boy, I am here to say - I am pregnant with a little boy.
I've discovered about myself that I am not a very brave person. I don't like to try new things. I hate moving, or even moving my furniture around, and I am not fond of trying new food. So I guess the thought of having a little boy was way outside of my comfort zone.

But now that I know, I'm finding myself starting to get excited. I picked out a color scheme for the bedroom, and my husband and I have started to clean out and purge in our house - from our basement and from the playroom. We sorted all of Hailey's old clothing, keeping a few very great memories in case my sister has a little girl. We are giving away the rest. We have a lot of work to do to get the house ready for Nathan's arrival, but we still have four months to go. Once Hailey starts preschool next week, my husband will have a lot more time to get painting and organizing.

I have to say it is nice to know and be able to plan. We didn't know what gender Hailey was going to be. The cool part is that I found some sleepers and onesies that were gender neutral that had been Hailey's, plus a couple of outfits that Hubby bought that were very boy-ish, that still had the tags on them! But this process seems much simpler than not knowing and being surprised. We would have preferred to know with Hailey, but we just couldn't afford the 3D ultrasound when we were pregnant with her, and in both Moncton and Halifax, they don't tell you the gender during your routine ultrasound.

So with plans for a blue and brown room, and plan for our playroom in the basement, we are off to get organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment