Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Not enough time in a day, or week, or month

It seems like I rarely spend anytime at home anymore. I get up at 6 and rush around to be out the door by 7:30 - not an easy feat with a 4 year old and a 7 month old puppy. I rarely get back to the house before 6:30, and it seems like I always have somewhere else to rush off to! There aren't any appointments or plans for tonight, so the plan is to get organized. We've been away for the past two weekends, so the housework has been neglected, everything that was packed to go away is now home and needs putting away, and every room needs tidying.
I only went back to work two months ago, and I still remember how lovely it was to rest in the mornings (not sleep - there is no sleep with a whining puppy), have enough hours in my day to get all my chores done and still spend quality time with my daughter and doggy. Now it seems like I am so exhausted from my work day and the struggle to get to and fro, I don't have the energy to play barbies or walk the dog. Being 5 months pregnant isn't really helping matters!
Here's hoping there are no emergencies tonight, and I get us back on track. What a difference it makes when everything is clean and in it's place, and it is easy to find what you are looking for as you go running out the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment