Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sleep - my elusive friend

An Ode to my missing sleep...
How I miss you oh rest
With your sweet tranquil dreams

Uh...

Do you know how hard it is to write an Ode when you haven't had enough sleep in weeks and weeks?

Last night, Hailey had a bad dream and crawled into our bed. We have a Queen size bed. In theory, the three of us do actually fit into this bed. However, Hailey rarely sleeps like a normal person with her head on the pillow, preferring instead to wiggle until she is perpendicular to me with her feet and knees in my back.

Meanwhile, Nathan has decided 4 am is a great time for Boxersize classes, and is giving it to my guts, ribs and bladder.

It is no wonder I come to work looking like a zombie day after day. And then someone will so nicely tell me that it is nature's way of preparing me for the sleepless nights with a newborn. Lovely.

My memories of being pregnant with Hailey are mostly repressed, as I detested that pregnancy as much as this one, but I do remember sleeping. A lot. We had two cats then, and they loved to sleep as much as I did. It was the life.

So just to get it off my chest and maybe make my peace with it, I am now going to whine about my aches and pains...

Between the back pain, indigestion, fatigue (my iron is low again), nausea (the iron pills BLOW), and issues with the laxatives (to counteract the damn iron pills....) I am miserable. And counting down... 3 weeks and 3 days until work is finished, and 38 days until Nathan comes (5 and a half weeks!).

Ok, need to inject some positives into this post.... Got my haircut last night. I was really torn, because I love having long hair, but I have no time to do anything with it, so I needed to chop it in favor of an easier cut. Melissa did a lovely job and I feel a little weight lifted from my shoulders (literally...she thinned it three times!). So that's one less thing for me to worry about. See - I can be positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment