Friday, November 26, 2010

Oh Ranitidine - will you marry me?

Wonder drug. Ranitidine. I swear it.

I talked to my OB yesterday about all the aches and pains and nausea and sleeplessness (basically, I reiterated every whine I wrote the other day...) and she has so many lovely suggestions that have made my life better in just over 24 hours, but none as wonderful as Ranitidine. I told you about the heartburn, it was terrorizing me, keeping me up at night, making me nauseous and achy. I was popping 8 and 9 tums a day (the bottle says 2 max...) and I wasn't getting much in the way of relief. But BAM - one Ranitidine and I have the best sleep I've had in weeks, and today I am more energized, happier and less achy.

Why oh why didn't I say something sooner???

Speaking of my OB visit, I got some lovely news that has cheered me up quite a bit. As you know we elected to have a repeat cesarean section on New Years Eve. You also know that it was not an easy decision for us, but rather the lesser evil. One of the less pleasant parts of my first cesarean, performed in a hurry at the George Dumont hospital in Moncton, was that I got a glimpse of Hailey  before my husband was summoned  to take her to be weighed and measured. I didn't see them again for about an hour, while I was stitched and taken to recovery. I learned yesterday that at the IWK, the baby and the support person stays with the mom the entire time in the OR, travels with her to the recovery room, and only then are the scales brought in to record the babies size and weight. I am happy to report that I was told that things are much less traumatic, much more easy going and precise. So while I am still not looking forward to the spinal and the recovery, I am getting more and more excited to meet my new baby boy.

See you soon Nathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment