Monday, October 4, 2010

Party Planning

I love to plan parties. Kids parties, specifically. Themed parties.

This months obsession: a Halloween party. I threw a Halloween party for Hailey two years ago. It was about a 7/10. I rented a small meeting room at a local facility for the party, which was great for clean up and tear down, but not good for keeping kids occupied. Despite the fact that I had three activity stations plus two organized activities, we still did everything in an hour. If we'd been at home, the kids could have played with toys for the remainder of the time.

This year I think I am going to keep it a little simpler. I am going to have it here at our house, and the play room should be set up by then for the kids to play in. I have three organized activities planned, and my sister-in-law suggested a pot luck would be best, which suits me fine! My husband wont be home at the time so taking the food issue out of the equation means it will be a lot more manageable. I have to say though, it is a lot harder to invite people to a potluck than to a regular party. I prefer to say "Come to my party" rather than "Come and bring something!". But I think that for the most part, the parents are looking for another place for the kids to wear their costumes and have some fun, so they are down with helping with the food. 

If you have any ideas of fun Halloween party activities - post em up! After the party I will post pictures - and details. I don't want to ruin the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment