Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sleep baby!

It's 4:10 am and everyone in the house is asleep, except the creature in my belly. For some reason this baby picks two very annoying times to be active - when I'm driving, and when I am trying to sleep. It's very distracting. I'm not one to normally have trouble sleeping, but I opened my eyes with a full bladder about an hour ago, and I haven't been able to escape back into my slumber since. My mind is running way past the speed limit. I'm thinking about work, a little, and about my husband, a lot. He is in a hotel room tonight, having been evacuated from his Oil Rig due to a big storm headed straight for the Grand Banks. I'm grateful that they pulled him off, and he is relatively safe on land. But I am missing him. I wish I could have flown to spend these couple of days with him. My daughter was talking to him on webcam after supper and he looked really hot. Don't mind me, it is 4 am after all, and my ramblings are sure to be less than coherent. It's kind of funny, my husband and I will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary this winter, and I find myself sometimes a little shocked by how great he is. I catch myself being a little shocked when I see him sometimes, or when he does something extra special. I mean, subconsciously I always know how great he is, but I guess in my day to day life I forget how lucky I am. Yeah, I am really missing him tonight. You know what else I am missing? Summer. There was a definite chill in the air today. All I could think of was the complaining we all did when it was 40 degrees and we sought relief at the beach. The beach - oh how I love the beach. In honor of these wonderful memories, here are some pictures I captures at my brother-in-laws camp this summer.
 This is my niece enjoying the sand.
My nephew has this smile that melts your heart, and helps him out of trouble.


My husband and daughter getting a ride on the tube.
And Hailey going for a ride in the boat.


It was a great summer, filled with day trips to Magic Mountain and Upper Clements Park, camping and cottage trips, and a couple of great birthday parties. I'm looking forward to being off next summer and spending the days with my kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment