Saturday, December 25, 2010

And so this is Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Did Santa find you? He found us...

I am trying to be patient while my family sleeps. After all, it is only 4:30. It would be wrong to wake them up and tell them Santa came... wouldn't it? I've been awake since 3-ish. Time is CRAWLING by as I sit on the couch and stare at the tree. I checked - Santa ate his cookies and drank all his milk. He even set up Hailey's gift so she could see it and play with it as soon as she wakes up.

Bentley got his gift last night - a new bed! I figured at almost a year old, it was time to try a nice bed again. He chewed five or six of them before I gave up and gave him only blankets. This is a nice big round one from Costco.  He slept all night on it, until he heard me get up and came to join me in the living room.

This time next year I doubt we will have a quiet Christmas morning. There aren't many gifts under the tree - Michael and I scaled back Christmas a lot the last couple of years, and we normally have at least another family's gifts under the tree as well, which is not the case this year. This is the first year in my whole life that I am not waking and opening gifts with my parents. I know, I am 28 years old and I have my own family now, but it's still really weird to be doing this without them. Plus, I wrapped all mom's gifts from Santa, and I really want to see what she thinks of them. She doesn't know it, but Santa "forgot" one of the gifts here at my house, so I will be able to at least see her reaction to that. And I plan to have my webcam all ready to peek in on them when they wake up.

My sister isn't home for Christmas, but I imagine she is having a lovely quiet Christmas with her fiancee. It's their first Christmas in their new home together. I am missing her and I know she will be missing home, but I hope she enjoys her holidays. I will be seeing her in about a week and luckily she is staying here so I will be seeing a lot of her.

I only have a week left as two tonne tony. Nathan will be delivered New Years Eve at 7:30 in the morning, supposing he doesn't try and make an appearance before that. I am hoping he hangs tight - I could use another 6 days of relative peace! Although I am getting a little sick of the swelling in my feet and ankles, the heartburn, the sore, stiff back and the fatigue. I was looking longingly in the Sears catalog at regular clothing. I know it will be a little while until I am back into my own clothing, but at least I can wear regular clothes fairly soon.

I feel like we are pretty organized and ready to go. Nathan's room is almost ready - Mike bought a blind but was sold the wrong mounting hardware, so we will need to make another trip to the hardware store. I'm also having issues finding a curtain rod and topper that I like. But there really isn't any hurry, as the bassinet my sister in law lent us is here and will be in our room for a while anyways. The hospital bags are packed, as is Hailey's overnight bag for her stay at Grammy and Papas. Not too sure what we are doing with the dog yet, whether he is staying here or at my parents, but he's not too hard to get organized. The car seat is chilling beside the door waiting for it's new occupant. And I packed a Happy New Year banner to brighten up the hospital room.

Now we just have to finish off this waiting game!

No comments:

Post a Comment